Since 2014, we have been involved in Research and Development in the Bugasera District in Rwanda. We started up Gashora Farm in 2015 and in 2 years, we have been overwhelmed by the response we have received nationally, regionally and on the global market.
August 2017, Gashora FarmLtd, signed with more than 1000 farmers a farming contract and all the farmers well trained and given the seeds led the effort to permanently protect nearly 110 million acres of wilderness. We have been at the forefront of nearly every major public lands victory.
- In Phase One to become largest Rwandan supplier of spice products
- In Phase Two to be a regional powerhouse exporter
- Introduction of innovative spicy products
- Impact directly on poverty reduction through employment creation
- Transform agriculture
- Increasing exports and strengthen the Rwandan brand
- Transition to organic agriculture
- build climate resilience for farmer cooperatives.
What We've Achieved
- We have been instrumental as founding members of the Rwanda Youth Agriculture Form
- Recognised by the Rwanda National Agricultural Export Board (NAEB) as investment worthy.
- Exported our pilot consignment of dried chillies to New York
- Set up an integrated partnership with a Swiss purchaser for our legendary Didi's chilli oil :)
- We started with 1/10th of a hectare planting tomatoes and now we cultivate 200 hectares - talk about progress!!
- Our Didi's chilli oil brand is now on the table in Switzerland.
- We are negotiating regional partnerships to expand our operations beyond the borders of Rwanda.